Yes, it is one of the most sought-out carving knives on the market. The Kasumi Carving Knives are made of high-carbon German stainless steel. They come in a choice of stainless or non-stick coating and in three different sizes. The knives are hand-crafted and entail a mirror-like finish with no sharp edges.
Kasumi Carving Knife
Kasumi is a Japanese knife brand. The company is well-known for the vast number of cuts it offers, from boning knives to fillet knives and carving knives that are used specifically in butchery. However, the most popular product the company has introduced onto the market is their carving knife.
Benefits of Kasumi Carving Knife
1. Versatile – the most common cuts of meat in the Western world are joints and roasts, but in Japan, most food is served sliced. Therefore, the blade of this particular knife is made particularly for slicing through thick pieces of meat with ease so that it does not damage them or expose them to bacteria and other microorganisms.
2. Ergonomic Grip – This knife comes with a durable grip along with a thick blade. It allows you to hold the knife comfortably without slipping and aids in specific tasks, including those requiring repetitive cuts or those which are time-consuming.
3. Sharp – The blade of this particular knife is made out of steel that is not prone to rust, even when subjected to high temperatures. The double-wave design of the blade also allows you to easily slice through tough pieces of meat.
4. Long Lifespan – The blade of this knife can last up to 30 years in some cases. This is primarily because of the steel it is crafted from and the non-stick coating used to finish it.
5. Affordable – If you happen to live in Japan and want to try one out, then Kasumi carving knives are relatively cheap compared with other types of knives on the market.
6. Attractive Design – This is a mark of a good quality knife. It boasts an attractive checkered handle and a smooth, shiny-looking sheath that can be used to protect the blade when not in use.
7. Kasumi Sharpening Tools – This is another way the company attempts to help customers with their knife-shaping needs. However, the knives have enough contact area on the blade to prevent it from getting dull, even after prolonged use.
8. Easy To Clean – If you want to clear away meat from the blade without damage, this knife is perfect for cleaning because it has a lot of room between the meat and the cutting surface. You don’t need any additional tools apart from water to clean it.
9. Angled Cuts – This knife reaches an angle between 30 and 50 degrees; this is the best angle for cutting meat because it allows you to cut safely with proper control.
10. Unique Design – With its pointed edge and ergonomic handle, this knife is one of a kind. It also has an attractive sheath that renders protection and longevity for the knife.
Which Foods Can Kasumi Carving Knives Cater To?
1. Pork – Kasumi knives are ideal for pork cuts because it has a pointed tip that makes it easier to carve into thin slices. The majority of meat cuts used in the Western world, such as roast pork and ham, are made with these types of knives.
2. Beef – If you want to slice through a large piece of beef, this knife is fit for the job because it has a long enough blade that allows you to get an angle between 30 and 50 degrees when cutting through the meat.
3. Chicken – This knife entails a tough blade and a thick cutting surface that is perfect for poultry because it allows you to slice through an entire bird unaffected by small, hard bone pieces.
4. Fish – If you want to slice through fish or other types of seafood, then this knife is ideal for the job. It has a larger surface area on the blade than most knives so that you can quickly cut through larger pieces of meat without having to spend extra time doing so.
Market Comparison Of Different Knives
According to the market demand, several types of knives compete for being the best knife for cutting meat or other types of food. The top brands include Kasumi Knife, Santoku Knife, Fleur de Lis Knife and others. Kasumi, however, is preferred by many chefs because of its sharpness and its ability to slice through tough pieces of meat. Its annual sales are estimated to reach $300 million.
Knowing the qualities of the Kasumi Carving Knives, you can now make up your mind on whether it’s the best knife for carving meat. If you want to purchase a carving knife, you can take advantage of online shopping to get the best deals. Good quality products are always available at affordable prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When is the right time to use a carving knife?
A. While most people think that carving knives are used only for holiday dinners and other special occasions, it comes with other uses too. You can use it when you want to prepare a roast, chops and other types of meat that need pre-prepared cuts. Also, a carving knife can be used to create a variety of different shapes and designs.
Q. How should I store my carving knife to prolong its lifespan?
A. You should always wash and dry your carving knife before putting it in the rack because rust tends to accumulate in the water. You can also rub some vegetable oil on the plastic handle, especially if made out of plastic. Store it away from sunlight and heat because high temperatures can cause deterioration of the blade.
Q. How heavy is the handle of the Kasumi carving knife?
A. The handle of your carving knife might be made out of plastic or wood, depending on the quality and design. For plastic, you may need to apply some vegetable oil to it before using it to prevent it from cracking.